The Bunting Bash: Pictures of You, Pictures of Me
Daddy Bunting loves to make slideshow movies and he especially loves to time them perfectly with music and coordinating lyrics. We go on a family trip, and when we return he’ll be pouring over the resulting photos and designing a musical montage masterpiece to burn to DVDs for us all. Now that I I’m thinking about it, slideshows are sort of like scrapbooking for men. But I digress!
I wasn’t going to get down on my knees and beg for someone to make us a cute wedding slideshow for the reception, but I do think they’re rather nice to watch at weddings as long as they don’t run for too long. Maybe it’s just me, but I enjoy seeing snippets of people’s life stories, and it is especially fun to see side-by-side comparisons of the couple as they age. Still, it wasn’t something that I could devote my precious DIYing time to. Fortunately I had
Weapon X Daddy Bunting. So he poured over my baby pictures and got several storage tubs of Mr. Bunting’s baby albums while I provided a list of the songs essential to our childhood/adolescence. And then we set him loose.
He spent hours and hours and HOURS making our slideshow. He selected the best of the best photos, timed them perfectly with the songs that best represented our different life stages, and created a wonderful catalog of memories that had us smiling…
Thanks, Daddy Bunting, you really know how to make them! And you know what’s even more heart-warming? ALL of our guests watched the slideshow. A+++, Daddy Bunting. A+++, Bunting guests.
*Marked photos are copyright Bryan and Mae Photography. Unmarked photos are personal or guest photos.
Follow the adventure:
- We had a fluffing party and rehearsed.
- I woke up and got ready with my girls.
- I step into the prettiest white dress I’ll ever wear.
- Mr. Bunting recounts getting ready at the Man Cave.
- Wishin’ and prayin’ and hopin’ and thinkin’ for perfect weather.
- I received the most important Post-It Note. Ever.
- We race toward one another for our first look.
- Mushy-lovey photos ensued shortly after.
- We strutted our stuff as one big happy Bunting Bunch.
- Our guests started to arrive: welcome to our wedding.
- I went into hiding… and panicked.
- Our wedding party assembled on time, but the bride was missing.
- I arrive fashionably late in a horse-drawn carriage.
- We listen to a reading and turn to wave at our guests.
- We exchange our vows, which inspire both tears and laughter.
- Mr. Bunting slips on my wedding band, and I his.
- Collected sand and earth offer a twist for our Foundation Ceremony.
- Mr. Bunting just can’t wait any longer to kiss his bride!
- Our horse-drawn carriage takes us for a private stroll.
- Cookies were had by all, and they were as delicious as they were beautiful.
- Spontaneity hits and we throw all our poms into the air. Oh, and at each other.
- Our reception hall is filled to the brim with details, details, and more details!
- Our party marches in to the tune of Star Wars.
- Yeah, toast(s)!
- Unsurprisingly, there’s more kissing! This time our guests get involved.